What would showing more care around your art making practice look like?
- Allow yourself to make art for fun, with no other outcome necessary
- Let go of needing to be productive or make something ‘valuable’
- Schedule art making time in advance, an unmovable appointment with yourself
- See art making as kind of sacred, important or nurturing activity that must not be interrupted
- Switch your phone off or to aeroplane mode so that you have no notification distractions while making art
- Tell loved ones to give you space to create alone
- Invite loved ones to join you making art
- Allow yourself to make ‘bad art,’ let go of it needing to be ‘good’
- Stop comparing your art to other artists or art makers
- Ignore the voice of internal self-judgement and make art anyway
- Ignore the voice of negative criticism once you’ve made your art and make more art anyway
- Allow yourself to follow your creative curiosities
Pick anyone of the above to show yourself more care.